I like to explore and create. I spend most of my time studying how to realize artificial intelligence in physical and virtual environments. I graduated from the University of Chicago with B.S. in mathematics and B.A. in physics. I am currently a PhD candidate at TTI-Chicago. Professor Matthew Walter is my advisor.
- Memory architectures in model-free reinforcement learning
- Active imitation learning
- Glyph-aware Chinese character embeddings
- 3D printing my MRI-scanned brain: photo
- electrocochleography (ECoG) electrode MR-CT registration: software
- competed in some Kaggle contests: my profile
- Wikipedia Plus, a Chrome extension that enhances Wikipedia's user experience
- TwiThinks, a Twitter data analytics project that studies and visualizes Twitter data. Our realtime #Ivoted (for Obama vs Romney) scoreboard received 20K+ hits on Election Day 2012.
- TwiThinks Stock Tracker, a project to predict stock movements from Twitter chatters
- Volume Button, a 5-star Android app that replaces broken volume buttons by touch controls in the status bar accessible anywhere
- my old website on Heroku
Recent blog posts
I have interest in quantum theory, mathematical logic, philosophy, visualization, and emerging technologies and more. I often share my thoughts about them on my blog Substance.